This could explain a lot.
I haven't really studied poker. I had thought from results that I wasn't doing too badly. Then I got a big "HELLO!" moment playing some hands last night, and decided I ought to check some things out - like this concept of starting hands, maybe. I took a little quiz I found online at Simply Hold'em. Hunh. My fish-like brain was astounded. According to this quiz, you never call with pocket deuces. Thinking about it, logic does say that it's a pretty pathetic hand - but the resident donkey living in my vestigal brain says "But it's a pair, man!"
Man. So much to learn.
I haven't really studied poker. I had thought from results that I wasn't doing too badly. Then I got a big "HELLO!" moment playing some hands last night, and decided I ought to check some things out - like this concept of starting hands, maybe. I took a little quiz I found online at Simply Hold'em. Hunh. My fish-like brain was astounded. According to this quiz, you never call with pocket deuces. Thinking about it, logic does say that it's a pretty pathetic hand - but the resident donkey living in my vestigal brain says "But it's a pair, man!"
Man. So much to learn.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home