Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

I ground out some wins this weekend on the .01/.02 tables on Party. Forty to sixty cents an hour isn't much, but at .02 a BB... I think I know now why the starting hands lack of knowledge didn't bother me playing low stakes games before - it doesn't matter as much down there as long as you play correctly after the flop. Those fishier than I will call to the river with no pair, bottom pair, etc. You can afford to play less tightly against them, and since it was working for me I didn't bother to learn.
But, I got a lesson in the MTT's again. I played four - three on Sat. ($1.00+.20) and bubbled each time. Sunday I made the money in one (maybe the four Bass ales helped? ;) ), but barely going out in 7th after entering the final table as 2nd biggest stack. I'm guessing that as the fish get weeded out, my weaker play stands out in stark relief. I also know that I was tired on Saturday, playing late (for me), and rebuying out of frustration. Need to nip that in the bud.
I've looked at the starting hands for the Chen system, Kriegers, and Sklansky - and like Kriegers best. Now to incorporate that, and study some more about when & how to deviate from that.
At least the freaking study remodel is done, so I won't have to spend precious time sheetrocking/sanding/painting when I should be doing something important like playing poker. Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home