Played in my first ever WPBT last night. The usual good time except for an almost unanimous loathing of the site set-up - the chat in particular was torturous to use (and let's be honest, without the chat it's just another tournament we can talk about the next day, right?). Best quote on that was of course from Iggy; "I hate this site with every fiber of my being" I believe it was. 'twas still extremely enjoyable, being on the "TV table" from the beginning, right next to Iggy, with Otis & BadBlood too. Many thanks to Iggy and Dr. Pauly (who's currently doing his typical inimitable kick-ass job of covering the Borgota in AC) for setting the tournament up, it was a blast.
I continued to show that my education is just beginning, getting involved in lots of questionable hands early, and then folding when bet at. Then I'd raise up hands, miss the flop, check, and fold to turn bets. Classic aggressive weak weenie play. Needless to say I was an early short-stack, and looking good to be first out. (Thanks for the encouragement, Iggy!) I did have a brief moment in the sun, when I threw the hammer all in with about 215 in chips, and rivering a 7 to take down AJ and double up. The only other memorable hands were failing to call an early all-in by CrazyJ with A5s - he had the hamma - and winning a coin-flip against BadBlood on the turn. (I just went to his site to get the link, and realize that it was also him I bad-beat with the river 7 too - sorry Blood!)
I was out in 58th place or so calling all-in into a four way pot with A8s - so much for Otis' all-in isolation bet! He ended up taking out three of us in one hand when his rockets held up. I stuck around to railbird until the next break, watching the TV table get even more high profile as Dr. Pauly took my chair, and other poker-bloggeratti filled the table & the rail. Then it was time for bed - but I'm glad I succumbed to the hounding and signed up. It was well worth the sleep time!
I continued to show that my education is just beginning, getting involved in lots of questionable hands early, and then folding when bet at. Then I'd raise up hands, miss the flop, check, and fold to turn bets. Classic aggressive weak weenie play. Needless to say I was an early short-stack, and looking good to be first out. (Thanks for the encouragement, Iggy!) I did have a brief moment in the sun, when I threw the hammer all in with about 215 in chips, and rivering a 7 to take down AJ and double up. The only other memorable hands were failing to call an early all-in by CrazyJ with A5s - he had the hamma - and winning a coin-flip against BadBlood on the turn. (I just went to his site to get the link, and realize that it was also him I bad-beat with the river 7 too - sorry Blood!)
I was out in 58th place or so calling all-in into a four way pot with A8s - so much for Otis' all-in isolation bet! He ended up taking out three of us in one hand when his rockets held up. I stuck around to railbird until the next break, watching the TV table get even more high profile as Dr. Pauly took my chair, and other poker-bloggeratti filled the table & the rail. Then it was time for bed - but I'm glad I succumbed to the hounding and signed up. It was well worth the sleep time!


4 Comments:
Good to play w/ya Sparky. Most excellent usage of the hammer!
See you next time.
Thanks Blood.
I'm looking forward to the next time!
nice hammer sir and thanks a ton for playing.
Thank you for having the tournament, and visiting this humble blog with your Uber Blogfatherness, Iggy!
Post a Comment
<< Home