Wooing variance
Sure enough, I have encountered a downswing. Played some .25/.50 Friday night, lost most of what I had gained at that site prior. Major turning point was this hand: I have K9o. One other limper behind me. Flop comes KQQ. I dismiss the blink/premonition that nags about the possibility that they have a Q, bet out. They just smooth call, and I'm thinking they have a K too. Turn is another Q, sweet I have a boat - bet half the pot. They smooth call again. I think maybe they don't have another K, maybe they're on a flush draw. River is a rag, I bet half the pot - I figure they would have raised if they really had the Q before this, right? They reraise all-in - I figure them for the K after all, call to split the pot - and they show the case Q. Sigh.
Played some last night, cards were running my way. Took second place in a MTT on Stars, caught 4 A's at one point. Didn't catch any draws at the final table or probably would have taken first. 2 hours for $10 return though, whew. Might have to bump up to $5 SNG's so the return is more worthwhile. Good entertainment anyway. I was playing a .25/.50 on the side at Titan again, and caught the cards there too, got back up to where I left off before the bad stretch on Friday. I'm sure glad I don't do this for a living. All you pro's out there, you have my admiration not only for your skill with the games, but for your ability to live with the swings.
P.S. Iggy stopped by this humble blog to thank me for playing in the WPBT the other night. All hail the Blogfather of Poker! Wonder if I'll make his next pimpage. ;)
Sure enough, I have encountered a downswing. Played some .25/.50 Friday night, lost most of what I had gained at that site prior. Major turning point was this hand: I have K9o. One other limper behind me. Flop comes KQQ. I dismiss the blink/premonition that nags about the possibility that they have a Q, bet out. They just smooth call, and I'm thinking they have a K too. Turn is another Q, sweet I have a boat - bet half the pot. They smooth call again. I think maybe they don't have another K, maybe they're on a flush draw. River is a rag, I bet half the pot - I figure they would have raised if they really had the Q before this, right? They reraise all-in - I figure them for the K after all, call to split the pot - and they show the case Q. Sigh.
Played some last night, cards were running my way. Took second place in a MTT on Stars, caught 4 A's at one point. Didn't catch any draws at the final table or probably would have taken first. 2 hours for $10 return though, whew. Might have to bump up to $5 SNG's so the return is more worthwhile. Good entertainment anyway. I was playing a .25/.50 on the side at Titan again, and caught the cards there too, got back up to where I left off before the bad stretch on Friday. I'm sure glad I don't do this for a living. All you pro's out there, you have my admiration not only for your skill with the games, but for your ability to live with the swings.
P.S. Iggy stopped by this humble blog to thank me for playing in the WPBT the other night. All hail the Blogfather of Poker! Wonder if I'll make his next pimpage. ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home