Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Friday, September 30, 2005

Learning by experience is hard.

Well, it's really easy, but it hurts, which is hard. Wish I'd listened to all the people who said that two pair really isn't that good a hand, even when it's top two pair. Some guy slowplayed a small set perfectly, and suckered me out of most of the roll I had on Stars. Time to slow the hell down there and rebuild. The Titan account is still going pretty well, made my becoming-routine-$20 in an hour session of .25/.50 there when my pocket 10's made a boat on the turn. Two players called my 6xBB preflop (it's insane what people will call just to see a flop! How the hell can you protect a hand, go all in?), checked around on the flop (one player slowplaying pocket kings) which came A95 - all clubs. I was prepared to fold with any sizable bet against the A and the flush draw. Turn came 10, and I led out with half the pot. Called by the pocket K's, other folded. River paired 9's on the board, and I pondered. Go all in? I ended up betting half the pot again, and was quickly called. I think they might have called the all-in. It was still a nice pot.
The free $10 for first deposit they gave me has turned into $105. I'm close to half the bonus, and that'll be a nice boost.
I signed up to do the PartyPoker InstantBankroll thing. Still waiting to see the free $75 magically appear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home