Played a $5 SNG at Party last night - cold decked and got blinded down, out in 5th. Bleh.
Went over to a .50/1 table, sat down and bought in - and realized it was limit. I've barely ever played any limit. I'd heard it was very different. I'd heard a lot of folks started there and moved up to NL. I quickly learned to adjust play style - after bleeding away a fourth of my stack. Then I caught a rush, won back what I'd lost plus enough to pay for some more SNG's tonight - and quit. It was a lot easier to push away from this table than the NL - maybe because the lure of doubling up on any hand wasn't there? I don't know why, but I felt no compulsion to see the next hand they way I typically do on NL games.
I think I may play a little more limit in future. Sort of taking a step back to fill in some blanks in my education - one of many.
Went over to a .50/1 table, sat down and bought in - and realized it was limit. I've barely ever played any limit. I'd heard it was very different. I'd heard a lot of folks started there and moved up to NL. I quickly learned to adjust play style - after bleeding away a fourth of my stack. Then I caught a rush, won back what I'd lost plus enough to pay for some more SNG's tonight - and quit. It was a lot easier to push away from this table than the NL - maybe because the lure of doubling up on any hand wasn't there? I don't know why, but I felt no compulsion to see the next hand they way I typically do on NL games.
I think I may play a little more limit in future. Sort of taking a step back to fill in some blanks in my education - one of many.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home