Played quite a bit this weekend, and had some losing sessions. What have I learned? Table selection is critical, especially for someone like me who hasn't learned to change styles of play to suit the players around me very well yet. Last night I sat down for 20 minutes and won back what I lost over the preceding 3 days. Part of it was the fish, and part of it was a great rush I went on - I got A6, AK, TT, AA, AK in consecutive hands. The A6 hand I limped in - flop comes AKx. I bet 2xBB for a feeler, one caller. Rag on turn & another A on the river, half pot bets just called all the way - player shows Kx. The first AK one other player called my 4xBB preflop raise. K on the flop, rags the rest of the way - he called my half pot bets all the way to the river - with KTo. No one called my 3xBB on TT - I showed it to feed the tilt factor. Limped with the rockets, got raised. Folded back to me, re-raise them 4x their bet. They go all in, I quickly call. They have AKo. No help for them on the board. The last AK hand had a short stack go all-in with QJo and catch a J on the turn to end the run. Good fun. I quit and went to bed.
Getting enough sleep and keeping healthy (rowing on the erg, weightlifting, yoga, Chi Kung, meditation) definitely helps my head when I'm playing - wonder how few poker players do this? I know BadBlood lifts the iron big time. Most of the other poker bloggeratti seem to be into, uh, deconditioning. ;)
Getting enough sleep and keeping healthy (rowing on the erg, weightlifting, yoga, Chi Kung, meditation) definitely helps my head when I'm playing - wonder how few poker players do this? I know BadBlood lifts the iron big time. Most of the other poker bloggeratti seem to be into, uh, deconditioning. ;)


2 Comments:
I lift 60 oz. Cap'n Cokes while playing!
Beyond that I did a sit up last month.
Very nice. :) I might do some playing like that this weekend (vacation) myself.
You're kind of reinforcing my point about the deconditioning though drizz...
Post a Comment
<< Home