Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

How about this one, kids? Should I have gone all in on the turn? (obviously in hindsight, yes - but it was heads up, and I thought I had him suckered) Would you call my turn bet with a flush draw?



Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 6: (4166)
Seat 10: sparkyr1234 (3834)
Seat 6 posts small blind (200)
sparkyr1234 posts big blind (400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to sparkyr1234 [ 5c, 7c ]
Seat 6 raises (600) to 800
sparkyr1234 calls (400)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qc, 3h, 6h ]
sparkyr1234 checks.
Seat 6 bets (400)
sparkyr1234 calls (400)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4c ]
sparkyr1234 bets (1200)
Seat 6 calls (1200)
** Dealing River ** : [ 8h ]
sparkyr1234 bets (1434)
sparkyr1234 is all-In.
Seat 6 calls (1434)
Creating Main Pot with $7668 with sparkyr1234
** Summary **Main Pot: 7668 Board: [ Qc 3h 6h 4c 8h ]
Seat 6 balance 8000, bet 3834, collected 7668, net +3834 [ Kh Th ] [ a flush, king high -- Kh,Th,8h,6h,3h ]
sparkyr1234 balance 0, lost 3834 [ 5c 7c ] [ a straight, four to eight -- 8h,7c,6h,5c,4c ]

3 Comments:

Blogger spanky said...

i think he would have called anyway. just the luck of the draw.

11:55 AM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger CJ said...

Yeah, bad river card for you... but I'm not sure you get him off that hand in that situation.

12:34 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger Sparky said...

Thanks for the feedback. Mucho appreciation.

12:06 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home