I know there are several poker bloggers out there working on NaNoWriMo novels, and just thought I'd throw this quote from Neil Gaiman out there as encouragement:
"It's not a science. It's an art and a sometimes it's a craft. The most important thing (and I know I say this a lot but it's true, or at least it's true for me) is finishing things, because that's when you find out if they worked or not. The rest of the time it's just hoping. And if you stop writing when a promising beginning runs out of steam, maybe you need something more in the planning stages. Or maybe you just need to soldier madly onward and see what Chance and Necessity (the mother, it must be remembered, of invention) provide."
To me, that kinda sounds like the art of poker a bit as well - I'm still in the just hoping stage. ;)
Well, that's not entirely true - but I do need to learn when to stop chasing. I doubled up and trebled buy-ins in both .05/.10 Omaha and NLHE - only to piss them away in defiance of my intuition that was nagging at me on major pots I kept chasing with second nuts. Donkey! (In your best Mike Meyers/Shrek voice, please)
"It's not a science. It's an art and a sometimes it's a craft. The most important thing (and I know I say this a lot but it's true, or at least it's true for me) is finishing things, because that's when you find out if they worked or not. The rest of the time it's just hoping. And if you stop writing when a promising beginning runs out of steam, maybe you need something more in the planning stages. Or maybe you just need to soldier madly onward and see what Chance and Necessity (the mother, it must be remembered, of invention) provide."
To me, that kinda sounds like the art of poker a bit as well - I'm still in the just hoping stage. ;)
Well, that's not entirely true - but I do need to learn when to stop chasing. I doubled up and trebled buy-ins in both .05/.10 Omaha and NLHE - only to piss them away in defiance of my intuition that was nagging at me on major pots I kept chasing with second nuts. Donkey! (In your best Mike Meyers/Shrek voice, please)


2 Comments:
Ogres have layers. Thanks for the link Sparky!!
De nada! I'm working on getting the blogosphere on here, a few at a time. ;)
You had good references.
Post a Comment
<< Home