Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Been playing a bit of PLO on Stars, investigating the world of .01/.02 Omatarding. I think I qualify, without reservation. ;) I've actually done pretty well, putting in about 5 hours of play in the last week, and grinding up a few dollars.

Also played a few NLHE freerolls last night, one on Stars and one on Party - trying out a little more aggression. Didn't work out so well for me. In the freerolls, every raise is called preflop, so you may as well go all in if you want to try to force people out. Which I tried with TT in the second one, and got called by overcards and outdrawn. In the first, I consistently got called and outdrawn or raised out - without the nuts I couldn't call them on it (did I mention that I need to work on my aggression?), so donked off a lot of big blinds that way. Made it half-way through the field even so, then lost an all-in with 99, to an overcard draw-out.

I'm a little perplexed as to how to teach myself aggression without paying heavily for it - the freerolls and microgames are not accurate test labs for learning in "real", more serious games. Oh so far to go...

As always, criticism (constructive preferred, but any will be read) is greatly appreciated...

Hunh. I just thought I might be kind of like the Daunte Culpepper of poker - when things are rolling, I can do well. When things start to go other than according to the plan, I have the self-confidence issues and fall apart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home