Yesterday's lesson - check. Succesfully scratched my way back up to average stack several times last night by betting big PP's agressively - 6-10xBB instead of 3. The one time I did get a caller, I also tripped the flop, so it all worked out.
Now, I have to learn when to trust my gut/instincts more, and lay down the good hands. Experience has taught me to value top pair (even with top kicker) much less, and even two pair - but having difficulty laying down trips. Went out of an SNG last night with QT - flop comes 9QQ. Bet out half the pot, get called by one player to my left. Turn = rag, bet half the pot, just called again. Hmm. They have the case queen? I can't credit AQ, they didn't raise preflop. KQ is possible - but wouldn't they have reraised? I put them on a straight draw with JT. River is a ten - this would give them 10's and Q's if I'm right in putting them on JT. I check raise, they put me all in - and they have the AQ. Damn cautious players anyway.
Now, I have to learn when to trust my gut/instincts more, and lay down the good hands. Experience has taught me to value top pair (even with top kicker) much less, and even two pair - but having difficulty laying down trips. Went out of an SNG last night with QT - flop comes 9QQ. Bet out half the pot, get called by one player to my left. Turn = rag, bet half the pot, just called again. Hmm. They have the case queen? I can't credit AQ, they didn't raise preflop. KQ is possible - but wouldn't they have reraised? I put them on a straight draw with JT. River is a ten - this would give them 10's and Q's if I'm right in putting them on JT. I check raise, they put me all in - and they have the AQ. Damn cautious players anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home