Warning! Danger, Sparky Robinson!
I've identified positively one of my worst holes (I'm riddled with them sieve-like, so it ain't exactly difficult to do). I vastly overestimate the value of flopped small sets. I had been working up a small buy-in on .50/1 NL on Party last night, limped with pocket 3's, and called an all-in when the flop came 7Q3. They had the Hiltons. Time to go to bed. A couple days ago I lost my stack in a similar situation when somebody slowplayed rockets and the flop made my set and theirs. I'm guessing it's all got to come down to my read of the player - I can't be throwing away sets out of hand, but I've got to stop getting burned by those slowplayed large PP's. As always, suggestions, criticisms, commiserations are welcome.
I've identified positively one of my worst holes (I'm riddled with them sieve-like, so it ain't exactly difficult to do). I vastly overestimate the value of flopped small sets. I had been working up a small buy-in on .50/1 NL on Party last night, limped with pocket 3's, and called an all-in when the flop came 7Q3. They had the Hiltons. Time to go to bed. A couple days ago I lost my stack in a similar situation when somebody slowplayed rockets and the flop made my set and theirs. I'm guessing it's all got to come down to my read of the player - I can't be throwing away sets out of hand, but I've got to stop getting burned by those slowplayed large PP's. As always, suggestions, criticisms, commiserations are welcome.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home