In a belated thank-you to Chris H. PPP ™, I am re-composing this in Word, because… all together now… BLOGGER JUST ATE MY POST! Heh. Seriously.
Congrats also to Chris Halverson, PPP (tm) for finishing in 21st in the PokerStars Blogger tourney yesterday! Nice work.
I went out in 235th according to the list Pauly has up. I was a little surprised to find myself in such good position again - I was at $12k + chips and getting dealt fish-hooks sounded good to me. Then there comes a 5xBB ($3k) raise ahead of me, folded to me. I think 'I don’t want to reraise, I would be investing half my stack, and they might have a bigger pocket pair'. (hmm, interesting thought, might not even be completely wrong – but I think it probably was. If they call the reraise, or re-reraise me, I can lay it down, fairly certain I’m beat – and still have $6k. If they fold, I’m up to $15k. No downside I can think of, in hindsight.) So, I just call. Feel ears growing long and floppy.
Flop comes 673 rainbow. My brain squeals “Yahtzee! No overcards!” and when they bet $10k, I instacall. (Apparently, in the 30 seconds between thoughts, I forgot completely about the “they might have a bigger pp” bit. What’s this tail I've suddenly sprouted?) Here's where a smart (or good, even) player would fold and run screaming from the hand. I call all-in. They have pocket 7's, I don't improve (although the board almost produces a straight which would have been more grace than I deserved), and I'm out. Eeeeyore! Dinner-time! I had absolutely no business calling that bet. Jeebus.
Live and learn, hopefully, I guess. Still kicking myself with my donkey hooves though. A lay-down there would have left me with $9k, plenty to make a go of it. Might have been able to get into the prizes. Ah well.
Still pretty jacked, and bemused, about the win at the WWdN tourney Friday night though. It was a ton of fun, and that was before I made a major comeback from being one of the short stacks with 30+ players left. ;) I had a bunch of notes, but left those at home again, so I guess I'm just going to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, and didn't come down for a while afterwards. I'm glad I played a bunch of SNG's to get heads up experience before hand, or that might have freaked me out a bit. I honestly didn't care at that point, it was so far beyond what my hopes were I played with some abandon. Had I thought about the $ difference between 2nd and 1st, it probably would have farked me all up.
Thanks to Slayre for the tip about bloglines, I'll have to check that out - need to get some reciprocal links up for CJ, CHPPP, etc.
Congrats also to Chris Halverson, PPP (tm) for finishing in 21st in the PokerStars Blogger tourney yesterday! Nice work.
I went out in 235th according to the list Pauly has up. I was a little surprised to find myself in such good position again - I was at $12k + chips and getting dealt fish-hooks sounded good to me. Then there comes a 5xBB ($3k) raise ahead of me, folded to me. I think 'I don’t want to reraise, I would be investing half my stack, and they might have a bigger pocket pair'. (hmm, interesting thought, might not even be completely wrong – but I think it probably was. If they call the reraise, or re-reraise me, I can lay it down, fairly certain I’m beat – and still have $6k. If they fold, I’m up to $15k. No downside I can think of, in hindsight.) So, I just call. Feel ears growing long and floppy.
Flop comes 673 rainbow. My brain squeals “Yahtzee! No overcards!” and when they bet $10k, I instacall. (Apparently, in the 30 seconds between thoughts, I forgot completely about the “they might have a bigger pp” bit. What’s this tail I've suddenly sprouted?) Here's where a smart (or good, even) player would fold and run screaming from the hand. I call all-in. They have pocket 7's, I don't improve (although the board almost produces a straight which would have been more grace than I deserved), and I'm out. Eeeeyore! Dinner-time! I had absolutely no business calling that bet. Jeebus.
Live and learn, hopefully, I guess. Still kicking myself with my donkey hooves though. A lay-down there would have left me with $9k, plenty to make a go of it. Might have been able to get into the prizes. Ah well.
Still pretty jacked, and bemused, about the win at the WWdN tourney Friday night though. It was a ton of fun, and that was before I made a major comeback from being one of the short stacks with 30+ players left. ;) I had a bunch of notes, but left those at home again, so I guess I'm just going to say I enjoyed the hell out of it, and didn't come down for a while afterwards. I'm glad I played a bunch of SNG's to get heads up experience before hand, or that might have freaked me out a bit. I honestly didn't care at that point, it was so far beyond what my hopes were I played with some abandon. Had I thought about the $ difference between 2nd and 1st, it probably would have farked me all up.
Thanks to Slayre for the tip about bloglines, I'll have to check that out - need to get some reciprocal links up for CJ, CHPPP, etc.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home