Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

"Well the fun never ends when your whole world depends on the turn of a friendly card"

I've had those lyrics running through my head now since somebody mentioned Alan Parsons Project in the comments over on Badblood's blog. Those are about as apropos as lyrics can get for poker types. It's another thought provoking post from Blood, who appears to be doing some soul-searching lately. We can all use some introspection, so thanks!

Speaking of which, I've made some changes to my choice of games to play in the last week or so - the MTT's were taking up too much time during the weeknights, and I still have a ton of work to do on ring games, so I've been sitting in on the .10/.25 games at Stars. I'm SO much more comfortable at that level - which I guess should be a warning to me about the .50/1 games, not ready yet! Even with the score from the WWdN tourney in the roll so I could afford the buy-ins, it was still hurting in the pit of the stomach too much to drop the buy-ins on the beats at .50/1. (Higher limit players, try not to hurt yourself too badly laughing) It did feel good to double up though - nothing ventured, nothing ventured as the movie quote goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home