Meh. Well, I missed playing in the WWdN tourney last night, and will likely miss the inaugural Dr. Pauly tourney tonight as well. Last night we went out to see Serenity yet again (I aim to own it as soon as it's released to DVD) with friends, and tonight the in-law master chef is cooking dinner and then taking us out for drinks, so... at least I have good reasons for missing playing with y'all!
I've had a run of good cards (knock on wood) the last couple days, and added a little back to the roll. Last night after a good score in NLHE, I wandered over into the .01/.02 PLO game on Stars. Bought in for $2, and noodled around. STILL haven't gotten around to actually reading any strategy beyond the odd article or blog post here or there, but at those stakes I could afford to learn the hard way. My rush continued, as I caught 4's on the flop to make quads - and had two people call my half pot bets to the river, where they led me all in - made $7. Lessee, that's... 350 BB. ;) Played another 30 minutes or so, managed to lose a couple of dollars to a higher full house, and beat somebody who WAY overplayed aces against my straight. I'm sure I've seen someone warn not to overplay rockets in PLO... Heh.
I've had a run of good cards (knock on wood) the last couple days, and added a little back to the roll. Last night after a good score in NLHE, I wandered over into the .01/.02 PLO game on Stars. Bought in for $2, and noodled around. STILL haven't gotten around to actually reading any strategy beyond the odd article or blog post here or there, but at those stakes I could afford to learn the hard way. My rush continued, as I caught 4's on the flop to make quads - and had two people call my half pot bets to the river, where they led me all in - made $7. Lessee, that's... 350 BB. ;) Played another 30 minutes or so, managed to lose a couple of dollars to a higher full house, and beat somebody who WAY overplayed aces against my straight. I'm sure I've seen someone warn not to overplay rockets in PLO... Heh.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home