Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Had time off from the virtual tables over the holiday weekend. Went out to the folks' place in central MN, sat and stared at the fireplace for hours, helped Dad bust some ice-dams off the roofline, and basically unwound from city living. Got Harrington on Hold'em as a present, so I'll finally get some of the "basic" reading done, sometime soon. I'll just do that in my "spare time". Right! That's the answer I gave to Pauly last night too, when he encouraged me to keep at the blogging. (Thanks for that, and the linkage, btw Doc!) I saw him at one of the PLO games and sat down after busting out of the umpteenth low buy-in tournament of a lazy day off. Got lucky and made pat hands a few times and quickly went up 80 BB, bid the good Doctor adieu and went to bed.

Wil Wheaton has announced that he will be having a Tournament of Champions for his WWdN tournament winners. I was lucky enough to squeak out a victory in the inaugural tourney (I think - too many marginalized brain cells make me useless), so I'm waiting to see when that gets scheduled with no little anticipation - it'll be a boatload of fun, even if I stand less chance of winning than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking competition. Wil, if for some unforseeable reason you read this, it would be cool to see the list of competitors when you put up the date and time. (It's sparkyr that I play under on Stars, btw - not sparkyjr as announced at the time)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home