Party Poker is fun. It's a bit higher limit than I'm used to (yes, I realize that's sad and all, if any real players are reading this - chances of which are slim), being a micro donkey, but the players are donktastic. Iggy don't lie!
Went out for a ride, went all the way around Lebanon Hills Regional park and back in on 38. Felt really good, had my eyes tear up going north on Johnny Cake - probably a combination of the crosswind (foreshadowing) and the speed I was getting downhill, whee! Pretty good trail, and then nice wide shoulders for most of the ride. Some sections had a lot of gravel though. The park looks nice, no paved trails that I could see though. Might have to put the knobbys on and come back some day. A nice Apple Valley city truck backed up out of the crosswalk as I was coming on the trail - thankee kindly and nicely done sir.
Things went really well until I turned back onto 38, and felt the headwind. Ugh. The hill from the turn until almost the 12.5 mile mark felt like it went on much longer than 2 miles. Not that steep, but with the wind and the slight grade and my getting cooked, woog.
It was after that hill that the headache I'd had all day in my right temple/neck area started getting worse. I could massage it with my hand, so knew it wasn't too bad. If I sat up it wasn't so bad. Long story short, my SCM (neck muscle) cramped up, and made it agonizing to put my right hand on the bar. I pedaled the last 4 or 5 miles sitting as straight up as I could and steered with the left hand. Yuck. Going to go get a massage myself this afternoon, loosen that up. Doesn't bode well for future rides, this is the same area that is also affected by my massage work. Sigh/grr.
Here's the ride link, for the idle bored few who've made it this far.
Went out for a ride, went all the way around Lebanon Hills Regional park and back in on 38. Felt really good, had my eyes tear up going north on Johnny Cake - probably a combination of the crosswind (foreshadowing) and the speed I was getting downhill, whee! Pretty good trail, and then nice wide shoulders for most of the ride. Some sections had a lot of gravel though. The park looks nice, no paved trails that I could see though. Might have to put the knobbys on and come back some day. A nice Apple Valley city truck backed up out of the crosswalk as I was coming on the trail - thankee kindly and nicely done sir.
Things went really well until I turned back onto 38, and felt the headwind. Ugh. The hill from the turn until almost the 12.5 mile mark felt like it went on much longer than 2 miles. Not that steep, but with the wind and the slight grade and my getting cooked, woog.
It was after that hill that the headache I'd had all day in my right temple/neck area started getting worse. I could massage it with my hand, so knew it wasn't too bad. If I sat up it wasn't so bad. Long story short, my SCM (neck muscle) cramped up, and made it agonizing to put my right hand on the bar. I pedaled the last 4 or 5 miles sitting as straight up as I could and steered with the left hand. Yuck. Going to go get a massage myself this afternoon, loosen that up. Doesn't bode well for future rides, this is the same area that is also affected by my massage work. Sigh/grr.
Here's the ride link, for the idle bored few who've made it this far.


1 Comments:
Bummer dude. Maybe you gotta dial back the miles for a bit to allow your bod to get used to it. You're still getting used to all that massage, so take it slow.
Post a Comment
<< Home