Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Tournament fun this weekend - played a freeroll last night while I had the time, ended up taking 13th out of 6000. Got a free ticket for the $1000 tournament today... a stud tournament. So, this morning I studied up on some starting hands and strategies for playing stud. I'd never really played it before. A different bird for sure! Luckily it was limit, which limited (heh) the scope of my screwups. I did fine out of the gate, was in the top 10% of the field, then got sucked out on a couple of times, ended up short and the blinds caught up to me and went out before the bubble loomed. Fun though.
I also got up a level in limit - and got my ass handed to me. Back down! Might give myself another bit of a cushion in the bankroll before I go back up.

Still doing the job search, interviewed at Home Despot yesterday - might be nice for discounts on fixing up the house, supposed to pay pretty well, and very little stress compared to what I'm leaving. More physical work too, finally a little more exercise in my work day. Heh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

Oooh, I could use a discout at Home Despot! ;-)

7:38 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Which Home Depot in MN (I'm in the Cities), and can you get me an application?

I'm tired of being a sales monkey.

Help

7:54 PM, April 16, 2006  
Blogger Sparky said...

Two comments on the same post - I knew this blogging thing would pay off eventually. Heh.

Thanks guys, e-mails incoming.

7:22 PM, April 17, 2006  
Blogger Frostbike said...

Your e-mail never came in...

8:21 PM, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home