Saved by bad luck.
I was cursing my bad luck last night when my boat didn't fill up in Omaha - and then saw the showdown where one of my opponents would have outboated me anyway. Thanks bad luck!
Got smacked in the head with the deck in limit, made 30 BB in 30 minutes and quit. Back to the Omaha, and proceeded to get yanked around by the Lady Of Obnoxiously Second-best Hands. Make Broadway, their flush fills up on the river - twice! The first time I called thinking they may be trying to move me off the (second) best hand. Wrong. (And stupid - come in for a re-raise or fold would be best I imagine) The second time, my frazzled brain said - if we fold to a raise here he'll do that all night - so I called again. Twice the stupidity, twice the fun! Keypad/forehead. I am truly the donkey to end them all.
Been having the same thoughts about just letting this all go - spending way too much time, I suck pretty well thoroughly, and some of the fun is wearing off - but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe I'll just blow the rest of the Stars roll on MTT's looking for another big score.
Best wishes to the bloggers rooting for their homeboys in the Big Bowl this weekend - should be a good game, methinks. Dunno' what's happened to the line, but I'd have taken some of the Pittsburgh +3.5 when it was out. Thankfully, I have no emotional involvement and can enjoy with abandon. Have to get some beers though - James Page Unfiltered Wheat was not as good as anticipated. Smooth, but not much flavory goodness. Pretty bland for a premium beer.
I was cursing my bad luck last night when my boat didn't fill up in Omaha - and then saw the showdown where one of my opponents would have outboated me anyway. Thanks bad luck!
Got smacked in the head with the deck in limit, made 30 BB in 30 minutes and quit. Back to the Omaha, and proceeded to get yanked around by the Lady Of Obnoxiously Second-best Hands. Make Broadway, their flush fills up on the river - twice! The first time I called thinking they may be trying to move me off the (second) best hand. Wrong. (And stupid - come in for a re-raise or fold would be best I imagine) The second time, my frazzled brain said - if we fold to a raise here he'll do that all night - so I called again. Twice the stupidity, twice the fun! Keypad/forehead. I am truly the donkey to end them all.
Been having the same thoughts about just letting this all go - spending way too much time, I suck pretty well thoroughly, and some of the fun is wearing off - but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe I'll just blow the rest of the Stars roll on MTT's looking for another big score.
Best wishes to the bloggers rooting for their homeboys in the Big Bowl this weekend - should be a good game, methinks. Dunno' what's happened to the line, but I'd have taken some of the Pittsburgh +3.5 when it was out. Thankfully, I have no emotional involvement and can enjoy with abandon. Have to get some beers though - James Page Unfiltered Wheat was not as good as anticipated. Smooth, but not much flavory goodness. Pretty bland for a premium beer.


1 Comments:
A bad beer from James Page? Say it ain't so!
Post a Comment
<< Home