Here's wishing everyone a blessed and prosperous 2006. Went over to The Dude's house, sat around & played a TV Guide "Don't Quote me" trivia game (which I sucked at, since I didn't have a TV from age 5 to 15), had a couple Jameson & soda's, way too much food, and watched the ball drop. I admire Dick Clark's guts for going on with the show.
One of my "resolutions"? Play LESS poker. I know, kinda heretical for a supposed poker blog. The simple fact is that I've been getting not enough sleep, and it affects the rest of my life. Poker is a sideline, not a main focus for me - at least it should be. I get online and fire up a table though, and play for too long, get to bed too late, and the week spirals down from there. There are a lot of other things in the rest of my life that are getting neglected.
My attempt at a solution is to not play on weeknights. Weekends, yes. The end result will probably be a lot more tournament play, and less 6 max NL & PLO. I'll still be reading the blogs, and occasionally posting, but less play will probably mean less posting, too.
One of my "resolutions"? Play LESS poker. I know, kinda heretical for a supposed poker blog. The simple fact is that I've been getting not enough sleep, and it affects the rest of my life. Poker is a sideline, not a main focus for me - at least it should be. I get online and fire up a table though, and play for too long, get to bed too late, and the week spirals down from there. There are a lot of other things in the rest of my life that are getting neglected.
My attempt at a solution is to not play on weeknights. Weekends, yes. The end result will probably be a lot more tournament play, and less 6 max NL & PLO. I'll still be reading the blogs, and occasionally posting, but less play will probably mean less posting, too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home