Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Monday, Monday...

Had some tourney fun yesterday, bubbled out of a 45 person SNG (flopped nut straight to 2 pair, they boated on river) and took 237th out of 2756 or something like that for double the buy-in. Aggression is good. Catching cards with aggression is better, especially around the bubble(s).

Otherwise, still grinding more of a bankroll from the minimums I left on the sites, mostly playing limit HE, but threw some PLO in there yesterday for variety/fun.

A sure sign that spring is on the way in Minnesota - 4 to 6 inches of snow expected today. Yeehaw. Hoping they get the roads cleared by commute time - sometimes I thoroughly enjoy coming to work at 5:30, 'cause even if the roads are bad, the traffic isn't.

In other non-poker news, the wife and I went out for our 8th anniversary on Friday night to a local steakhouse (Jensens, for those of you in the Twin Cities). Just fabulous! Popovers and a citrus/bleu cheese green salad (with some Glenlivet 12 yr) and a relish tray, followed by Filet Mignon medium rare for me and the sea bass special for the missus, and we split a chocolate raspberry flourless torte for dessert (with coffee for her and Oban 14 yr for me - tip o' the hat to Chris for the recommendation on that, I agree it's worth the cost!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

Jensen's down off of Highway 13? Whenever I drive by there it always intrigues me. Glad to know it's good. And congrats on the 8 years!

7:54 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Sparky said...

Gracias, amigo. Yeah, it's a little spendy, not an every week kind of thing, but very good.

11:23 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Sigge said...

"What is the sound of one blogger typing?"

The sound of typing on a keyboard.
The Holy Land is for midgets.
Zen is for giants.

2:57 PM, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home