Unexpected long weekend just past - I wish I could say it was because I decided to just blow off work. I spent twelve hours in the bathroom Thursday, took Friday off, and still don't feel up to par today. Not a recommended way to lose 7 pounds, kids.
In poker related news, got a laptop this weekend. About the third thing I did was put Stars on it, and played limit in front of the TV for a few hours yesterday. Am more than half-way up to another level change. I don't believe those of you who tell me that the fish go all the way up. No way are there maroons of this caliber playing $1/2, let alone $10/20. I can only hope I'm wrong.
Also played in a couple tournaments yesterday - made it about 3/4 of the way through a 40 FPP freeroll qualifier for the WSOP with one rebuy. Also made it deep into the 10k player freeroll - when I went to bed and left it to the wife, I was 20th of 450 some-odd remaining with over $90k in chips. She stayed up another hour playing, and pushed to go to bed. I think I could have taken it into the "money" at least. The cards were coming, and I had the chips to push a bit. Ah, well.
I joked with the wife about playing for a career last night - and she said "if you think you could make enough money...". Not right now, but maybe in a few months... Part-time anyway.
In poker related news, got a laptop this weekend. About the third thing I did was put Stars on it, and played limit in front of the TV for a few hours yesterday. Am more than half-way up to another level change. I don't believe those of you who tell me that the fish go all the way up. No way are there maroons of this caliber playing $1/2, let alone $10/20. I can only hope I'm wrong.
Also played in a couple tournaments yesterday - made it about 3/4 of the way through a 40 FPP freeroll qualifier for the WSOP with one rebuy. Also made it deep into the 10k player freeroll - when I went to bed and left it to the wife, I was 20th of 450 some-odd remaining with over $90k in chips. She stayed up another hour playing, and pushed to go to bed. I think I could have taken it into the "money" at least. The cards were coming, and I had the chips to push a bit. Ah, well.
I joked with the wife about playing for a career last night - and she said "if you think you could make enough money...". Not right now, but maybe in a few months... Part-time anyway.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home