Above the Surface Tension

A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Minnesota, United States

Monday, March 27, 2006

Played a couple freeroll tourneys this weekend, busted out of the first getting all-in well ahead. Second I made into the top 10%, but got short stacked and pushed with reasonable hand, didn't win the flip.
Still grinding it out in limit - about a week away from doubling the "bankroll" I left on Stars and moving up a limit. Still micro, but one step at a time. If I earn it this way, I'll be more confident that it wasn't just luck in one tournament. Played a little PLO last night too just for a change - man it's amazing what a little patience and knowing when to call with odds will do. Tripled my buy-in with a big pot.

Actively planning to dump the day job - no, not to become a professional poker player, y'all can quit laughing now. Time to get the hell out of middle management before I become completely indifferent. When your default attitude becomes "fookit" and your only concern is whether or not the responsibility can be layed at your feet, it's time to get out and find something you care about doing. My bodywork career is that, and I've been languishing here in the security of corporate life too long hiding from the uncertainty of building my practice. Nothing good is easy, right? Luckily I have a wife that is whole-heartedly supportive of me. We all marry up, guys, admit it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Frostbike said...

I dunno, my wife won't let me quit my job to become a professional bike racer...

10:11 AM, March 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home