Fewer miles, more calories burned. How, you ask? Pick more hills, and hammer them. (Ok, again with the disclaimer - I realize full well that my "hammering" would be getting dropped by the Lanterne Rouge of any local organized ride, I'm just saying I pushed it as much as I can, which ain't all that much) Monday I did 14.11 miles in 71 minutes, burned 1230 calories. Today I did 13.26 in 71 minutes (no, I didn't plan the time thing, it just happened), and burned 1285.
In both cases, it just felt good to be out breathing fresh air, and getting a little exercise. If I'm not careful, pretty soon I'll make this a regular habit. Which would mean I'd have to look for a new bike, natch. Or new to me. My buddy Frosti seems to accumulate bikes at steal prices at an alarming rate. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help me out...
In both cases, it just felt good to be out breathing fresh air, and getting a little exercise. If I'm not careful, pretty soon I'll make this a regular habit. Which would mean I'd have to look for a new bike, natch. Or new to me. My buddy Frosti seems to accumulate bikes at steal prices at an alarming rate. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help me out...


1 Comments:
14 miles in 71 minutes is nothing to sneeze at, in my opinion. At least not in the city. My commute (one-way) is about 12 miles and I do that in about an hour, just for a reference point. Plus, you're hitting hills.
What size bike frame do you ride, anyway?
Post a Comment
<< Home