First ride of the season! Whee. It was too gorgeous not to get out yesterday. I took out the new (to me) road bike Miyata that my brother-in-law was generous enough to give to me before they moved to Idaho. (Thanks Carl!) I didn't go far. I'm out of shape because I didn't do any of the cardio I planned to this winter. Bad Sparky. In light of my condition (or lack thereof) I was pleased with how well I went up some of the hills. The thinner tires must be part of it, and the 15 pounds or so that I lost over the winter are probably helping too. And this was with the smaller range of gearing too! I'm used to having 3 rings and was trying to get used to 2. On the other hand it is easier because you don't have to wonder whether you have anything lower to drop into, it's either up or down. ;) I was out for about 30 minutes - I'd have been out longer but I had a client I had to get back and shower before going to see. I also realize that I need to get a pump and a under saddle bag for a tube at a minimum before doing any longer rides. I changed the pedals out before I went, and walking in the speedplay shoes or barefoot while carrying the bike for any distance just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. Call me wimpy (Pete does).
Above the Surface Tension
A blog. I ride some bicycle, do some bodywork, live some life. I am not a professional poker player, nor do I play one on TV. Mind the bubble! Still waters sometimes run deep.


2 Comments:
It's alive (the blog, that is)! Man was it nice out yesterday. Glad to hear you got out.
Yeah, dusting things off here for another summer. Both me and the blog.
Should have gone today too, but didn't.
Post a Comment
<< Home