Wow. I knew it had been a while since I'd A) been on a ride, and/or B) posted on this thing, but 2 years is longer than I thought. I brought the Trek in and got it a tuneup at the local bike shop. When I took it out earlier this spring, I headed downhill to the co-op and upon trying to shift back down discovered the shifter/cable for the rear ring was locked up. Getting home was an exercise in standing on pedals for an out-of-shape (no real rides last year, at all - I got lazy and busy working at the same time ) middle-aged guy.
So, this morning I decided to get back on it, went for a very quick little ride around to see how the tune-up went and see how much work I have to do. The answers are the same: Meh. So-so. The bike shifts now, which is an improvement, but still has issues with the front ring not quite lining up after downshifting and needs tweaking. I'm back on my bike, but my inner workings need a bit of tweaking too. Here's hoping it won't be another two years before I post (or ride!) again.
I also need to seriously edit the blogroll on the sidebar, and the header. I have only played a handfull of poker tournaments since the last post. It's another fad that has largely come and gone - and good riddance. I did the math, and discovered that I didn't want to invest the time, or get that good at lying.
's interesting how much a person can change in two years. Day to day, don't notice it so much. I think that's why reunions can be so jarring. But that's fodder for another post.
ETA: A very short ride. It'll be fun to see how much easier this gets as the summer goes on. First 2009
So, this morning I decided to get back on it, went for a very quick little ride around to see how the tune-up went and see how much work I have to do. The answers are the same: Meh. So-so. The bike shifts now, which is an improvement, but still has issues with the front ring not quite lining up after downshifting and needs tweaking. I'm back on my bike, but my inner workings need a bit of tweaking too. Here's hoping it won't be another two years before I post (or ride!) again.
I also need to seriously edit the blogroll on the sidebar, and the header. I have only played a handfull of poker tournaments since the last post. It's another fad that has largely come and gone - and good riddance. I did the math, and discovered that I didn't want to invest the time, or get that good at lying.
's interesting how much a person can change in two years. Day to day, don't notice it so much. I think that's why reunions can be so jarring. But that's fodder for another post.
ETA: A very short ride. It'll be fun to see how much easier this gets as the summer goes on. First 2009


1 Comments:
Congrats, you've now ridden more than me in the last week. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home